Thursday, September 17, 2009

Today I was sent a video filmed in Uganda, about children suffering of hunger. I usually am incapable of watching through such films, and this one was no exception. I couldn't understand how someone could be filming the baby being washed by his older sister, and commentating on their precarious situation, instead of just helping the children and feed them. How could a watcher just allow a child to endure one more second of that horrible state... I just broke down and cried and got mad at myself and resented being a witness, an accomplice to all and any starving children in the world. Our little daily mishaps, our daily tiny frustrations, once the core of our lives, become quite unimportant and ridiculous when we are faced with such picture of misery. I am truly ashamed and can't help a feeling of responsability welling upon me. Somehow, I must act and start feeding the world, one mouthfull at a time...

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling, I suggest U get started - how can I help? Nadia

    ReplyDelete