Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Meditation/Prayer for Peace in Gaza

Following current events, and the burst of communication in the press and the common feeling of injustice and helplessness towards what is happening, I made a decision!
I don’t like to discuss issues that have been discussed over and over again without a solution being made, I don’t like to see horrid pictures, I know they exist but clogging my brain with them doesn’t help either parties, I don’t like to face something unless I’m willing to do something about it if I don’t like what I see…
So, based on all this, and based also on things I’ve learnt I decided to Meditate for Peace in Gaza. I prefer Meditation, because the self is left behind, Prayer will have the same effect as long as you can focus your mind on the prayer and the purpose of it.
Why I think Meditation/Prayer will work? Based mainly on the following concepts:
A) There was a study made in Washington D.C. where a group of individuals started practicing Transcendental Meditation and the crime rate decreased by 25% (http://www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/)
B) If you’re into Kryon, he states that: “Less than one half of one percent of the earth has to be aware of their own divinity and their own light to send this power through meditation and prayer to the rest of the planet and create peace on Earth. I'll say that again. Less than one half of one percent.” So let’s be that less than one half of 1%! (http://kryon.com/k_62.html)
C) Dr. Masaru Emoto’s work shows that intentions do go a long way on water, intentions can go a long way on humans too (for more info check the entry in Dec 2008).
D) Behavior generates behavior, so based on that principle, violence will only generate more violence, the opposite, which I am more interested in, works the same way, peace will generate more peace, love will generate more love…
So along with some friends we meditate for peace in Gaza. If you can do it together in a group good, but it works on your own as well, what is important is for us to concentrate on what we want for Gaza not what is happening already…
Forget the horrid images you have seen on the news, and imagine Gaza a peaceful ground, imagine the building destruction you saw are being rewinded into intact living grounds, see happy Palestinian families living a better life, imagine life flourishing in Gaza, send out peace and love thoughts and intentions.

And for whoever lives in the UAE, Aramex is collecting aid for Gaza until the 11th Jan, please help providing them with First Aid and Medical Materials, it's needed the most...
Drop Off points are Deira CityCenter, Ajman CityCenter, Sharjah CityCenter, Mall of the Emirates by Centrepoint, if you have any difficulty moving around, I would gladly pick them up or buy them for you and take them to Aramex grounds personally...
Just contact me. Thanks!!!

1 comment:

  1. well I agree total with you, when you say that peace generat peace... Its true, when you react to violence with violence, the situation with get more bad. So with violence would should try to react in a peace way.
    Like you, I'm trying not to see the news... because is a lot depressing... see all of that death and destroction...
    I hope more people start think like you and me... then we will have a better place to live.

    ReplyDelete